I have two decades’ experience in the media as well as thousands of hours of training experience with major global as well as local Australian businesses. My training work includes one-on-one media training, communications strategy and coaching with senior executives in the public and private sector.
Arts & Entertainment • Biotechnology • Education • Financial services • Healthcare • Infrastructure • Local government • Major retailers • Resources • Professional Services • Plus there are a whole lot of clients I can't talk about from rock stars to gazillionaires.
Previous roles include leadership editor of BRW. I am a regular contributor to thecoolhunter, SmartCompany.com.au, Australian Gourmet Traveller and HR Monthly. I’ve co-written two bestselling business books for Random House Australia 100 Great Businesses and the Minds Behind Them and 50 Great e-Businesses and the Minds Behind Them. For more CV stuff, go to www.linkedin.com/in/emilyross
In all my sessions, the aims are simple:
- Radical improvement
- To gain a sense of control and confidence in media situations
- To gain an understanding of what the media want
- How to prepare and rehearse effectively
- How to deliver key messages
- Getting the language spot on
- To understand media “grabs” and how to give them
- Tactics to deal with the tough questions
- Work on appearance, style and delivery
- To learn the skills to become an authentic, engaging spokesperson
- To harvest great media content that can be used in all communications
- To uncover media opportunities
- To assess how media-ready the client is and identify any risks associated with their current skill levels – a diagnosis if you like.
- To learn from examples of excellent and lousy media performers